Frequently asked questions
- Why should I choose Natural English rather than another English language-service provider?
We have consistently delivered a high-quality service for over thirty years. We recognise that every business is unique and what works for one might not work for another. Our ability to drill down and get to the heart of your issue is what makes us unique. Our longevity is also a testament to our ability to deliver an outstanding service. Many of the relationships that we have built with blue chip clients were formed more than twenty years ago.
- I have a document that needs to be tailored to an international audience. Can you help me?
Absolutely! We offer a full translation service from Dutch to English, as well as English editing, polishing and language correction, covering a wide-range of subjects. Just contact us with the exact details of your project and we will give you a free assessment of the text, together with an estimate of the time and cost to bring it up to a professional standard.
- My team has to deliver a business presentation next week. They will be using my materials but I am worried that my English skills are not entirely up to scratch and that this might reflect badly on me. What would you suggest?
We specialise in helping a broad range of non-native clients just like yourself! Whether your documents require a light polish or a full edit to eliminate language inconsistencies, we can tailor our service to your requirements.
- We are looking to expand our business which up until now has been focused exclusively on the domestic market in the Netherlands. We are looking to go global. Can you produce business brochures and content for our website in English?
Yes, whether you are a new start-up or a well-known brand, we can meet all your editing and copywriting needs. We will work with any existing materials that you have in Dutch, to create compelling and eye-catching content that will make you stand out from the crowd. No job is too big or too small!
- I already have a solid grasp of the English language, but my new job is going to require me to deliver presentations in English on a regular basis. Do you offer a coaching service to help bring my language skills up to the required level?
Yes, further to an initial assessment of your level of proficiency, we can work with you to polish and refine both your written and spoken English. Many clients have found that with a little coaching, they feel more confident.
- What subjects do you cover?
We have experience in a wide-range of subjects. This list is for guidance only and is not exhaustive. If you don’t see your subject of choice on the list, please feel free to contact us with your enquiry. We have a large network of highly skilled language professionals whose expertise we can also draw on. Marketing, management, business economics and finance, human resources, energy and the environment, water management, nature management, logistics, transport, defence, development cooperation, art, architecture, archaeology, antiques, general medical, biotechnology, science and technology, housing and government policy.
- Do you have a quality assurance process?
Yes, we aim to deliver the highest possible service to each of our clients. We rarely rely on just one pair of eyes. Translations are checked and revised by a second translator and/or someone with specialist knowledge of the subject matter. Editing and final revision is always carried out by a highly-experienced native English speaker. Where necessary we can also turn to our large network of subject-matter experts.
- I have a speech written in Dutch that is to be delivered at an international business conference. Can you translate it?
Yes, the translation of speeches is a particular speciality of ours, because a speech needs to leave a lasting impression and strike the right note with the listening audience. We have worked with senior figures in the business community and local government preparing speeches for international summits, receptions, meetings and events. Please contact us if you would like further information about this service.
- We are not looking for a word for word translation, we need one which reflects the intention of the Dutch text in an appealing manner. One which clearly expresses the essential message and has the intended impact. Can you do this?
Yes, a lot of our current work falls into this category of 'transcreation', which essentially means: creative translation. We will take your original brief/message and transform it into a text in English which builds a bridge to your target group. We understand that it is important that the final document should be authentic, and will ensure that the original intent, tone and context are preserved.
- Why don’t you list your prices?
Every text, document and manuscript is different. While some may just require a light polish, others, depending upon the complexity and intended audience, may need more extensive work. We simply ask that you send us the document and once we have had a chance to assess it, we will provide you with a fully tailored, personalised quotation. We can work on a fixed fee basis for larger projects. Translations are generally based on a per word rate in the target language, while an hourly rate applies for editing, polishing, and (re)writing. Quotations are free of charge and come with no obligation.
- I need a quick turnaround, can you help?
The speed at which we turnaround documents will depend on the complexity of the work. We will always do our best to accommodate tight deadlines. However, an additional fee or higher hourly rate may apply.